Working through options
I’m feeling better than I did last week this time. Not that the situation has improved, I’m just dealing with it better. Here’s what I’m doing:
- The surgeon is filing an appeal with the insurance but it is doubtful it will be approved.
- My husband tried talking to his HR dept, which directed him to his Benefits dept, which directed him back to the insurance company. Full circle, dead end.
- I’m checking into my work’s insurance for next year (instead of my husband’s), but I don’t think they cover it either. And that wouldn’t start til January if it did.
- We got a letter from the surgeon breaking down the costs if we paid out of pocket. While it is less than I expected, still more than I want to pay.
- Praying about it too, mostly to handle this well and to figure out what to do next.
In the meantime I have another ortho appt in 5 weeks. I’ll just keep going for now, to do those last little tweaks.