5 Weeks Away
I think at 5 weeks it’s close enough I can start counting down! In 5 weeks I’ll be in recovery in the hospital and the surgery will be done!
- Nov. 21 – I am getting surgical hooks put on (just in time for Thanksgiving, yay!) :p
- Dec. 4 – Pre-op appointment
In the meantime, I am trying out many no-chew options. I do pretty well with smoothies but have not tried many savory food options yet.
I tried some supplemental drinks out of curiosity. Verdict: not worth it. Here is my take on some specific ones:
- Muscle Milk: Strawberries n Cream. possibly the nastiest drink I have ever tasted EVER. Tasted like chemicals.
- Ensure: Vanilla High Protein Shake. Had a coupon so tried a pack. Tastes like hospitals and being sick, ew. Found out I can camouflage it by putting about a third of a bottle into a smoothie with many other things. I will use up my remaining bottles that way.
- Special K: Vanilla Protein Shake. Less offensive than Ensure so I can manage to drink it straight if I have to. But I will be putting my remaining bottles from the pack into a smoothie to hide the taste.
- Isopure Protein Drink. I can’t manage to drink much of this straight. Weird taste no matter the flavor. I tried it in smoothies as one of many ingredients and I didn’t notice the taste so much.
- Core Power: Strawberry Banana. It actually tasted decent. Then I looked at the ingredients and realized I could make these at home just as easy and much cheaper.
My conclusion: added nutrients taste weird and are mostly unpalatable. I’m sure I will survive without them. I don’t want to waste any more money trying them out.
Other than getting food on hand for the liquid diet stage, I feel pretty ready at home. Work is another story.